[mythtv-users] MythMusic and USB drives

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Mar 16 14:24:52 UTC 2007

I'm having a bit of an issue with MythMusic.

If I try to rip a CD in a USB drive, it takes a ridiculously long time -
like an hour for a single track.  Myth just sits there, using 0% CPU,
for like 10 minutes, then the drive light flashes for a few seconds,
then Myth takes another 10 minute break, and so on.

If I use the IDE CD, it takes the normal amount of time.

I've tried 2 USB players, both with the same results.

I know it's not the player, since I can use grip and mencoder just fine
with CDs and DVDs in those drives....

So - any suggestions?

I'm using 0.20-fixes.

--Yan