[mythtv-users] Automatic mythfilldatabase and WOL option

James Warden warjamy at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 12:42:06 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have a very stupid question. Maybe I haven't RTFM very good ... so put up with me :)

What's the best option to have an automatic database update (channel programs) ? If I turn on the option through the f/e, nothing happens anyway. Shouldn't it be a b/e option instead ? I was thinking about setting up a cron job, but that would also imply that I always leave the b/e on. So that leads me to another config : is it possible to wake up the b/e from an S3 state via the network from the f/e ? (some WOL option) and then have a mythfilldatabase job running in the background when it resumed ?

OK, I realize I am mixing different things here. I would just like to know what about your own configuration, get some advice and what could be the best for my distributed system.

J.