[mythtv-users] Recording programs that I need to go through menus to get to

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Fri Mar 16 12:02:40 UTC 2007

I have to use my cable box to change channels, and I have an IR blaster
and channel changing script to do that.  There are some programs I need
to go though menus to get to (Comcast On Demand).  I doubt there's a way
in Myth to do that as is.

I thought of two possibilities:

- Somehow add a phoney channel to myth, and change the channel changing
script to do nothing when it sees that channel.  I would have to
manually go to the program on the cable box.

- Somehow add a phoney channel to myth, and change the channel changing
script to go through the menus to that program when it sees that channel.

Before I do that, I would like to hear what others do.  Also, is there
already some mechanism for recording something automatically without
changing the channel?

Thanks.