[mythtv-users] Commercial detection on paused LiveTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Mar 15 22:00:05 UTC 2007

On Mar 15, 2007, at 2:52 PM, raptor jr wrote:

> As i understand it there is no commercial detection when watching
> LiveTV?
> Would it be possible to have the commercial detection to start when
> LiveTV
> have been paused for some time?
> Now if i watch, and have to leave to do something else and pause
> LiveTV i
> still have to jump forward manually to skip the commercials. Since
> MythTV
> can find the commercials and skip them it would be nice if the
> commercial
> detection could do that after some time, maybe configured by the
> user, when
> LiveTV have been paused.
>
> Have this been discussed and rejected before?

You can choose to detect commercials for LiveTV recordings. It's off
by default for obvious reasons. I believe it's in the recording
profiles, but I'm a litte fuzzy on where exactly. It's been a while.
You also have to make sure  you have it set to start commercial
flagging while recording.

However, what you really want to do is hit record instead of pause.
This way it will treat it like any other recording and you can go
back to it whenever you wish.