[mythtv-users] Nvidia fx5200 tvout and mplayer?

Søren Dalsgaard soren at dalsgaards.dk
Thu Mar 15 20:36:05 UTC 2007

On 13/03/07, Søren Pingel Dalsgaard <soren at dalsgaards.dk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have mythtv running on a gentoo linux with an nvidia fx 5200 graphics
> adapter on tvout. Recording and music works fine but I cannot get the box to
> play divx movies.
>
> Has anybody managed to get this to work? Is there a howto somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
> Søren

I checked if I had the codec - I knew that I had, but just to make sure I
did a double check and found that I did not have the codec. In fact I did
not even have the mplayer installed (this is a new frontend which I had to
reinstall a couple of times so it probably slipped the last time I
installed).

It works fine, but the remote does not work. How can I switch the keys so
the work with mplayer instead of mythtv while I am in mplayer? Has anybody
got a setup that works?

Thanks,
Søren