[mythtv-users] Tuning Hd setup

Mark Bell markb at pilgrim.com
Thu Mar 15 20:00:40 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Steven Adeff
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:19 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Tuning Hd setup

On 3/13/07, Mark Bell <markb at pilgrim.com> wrote:
> I have tried multiple distros and capture cards and have finally got
one
> working pretty well
>
> But it could use some tuning.
>
> 1-       Tearing during HD playback when panning I have seen a lot on
the
> web about this and was wondering if you guys have some good settings I
could
> start with

Are you using HDMI/DVI or S-Video to your current 20" LCD?

please read over the following,
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_HDTV#NVIDIA
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Modeline_Database#NVIDIA_Driver_Mod
ePool

> 2-       When an HD station is first tuned it will stutter for 10
seconds or
> so and then will be rock solid.

I've noticed this in live tv as well, the amount of time varies, but
best I can tell it has to do with the speed of the backend drives
(specifically the drive the SQL database is on). Of course, this may
be wrong, its just thats the only correlation I could see. Recordings
don't exhibit this for whatever reason so I've never been concerned.

> KnopMyth
>
> Hardware consists of
> PVR-150 for analog
> Fusion5 RT Lite for Qam
> P4-2.85 Ghz
> 2 gig ram
> NVidia 5200 256 Mb AGP
> Displaying to 20' LCD right now but plan on outputting to my 42 Inch
Samsung

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!