[mythtv-users] OT: White shadow

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Mar 15 18:01:05 UTC 2007

Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> White Joe wrote:
>
>> I shifted my main myth box to an ASUS M2NPV-VM a few months back.  Its
>> hooked up to my 31" tub TV and works really well.  Except for this
>> shadow that appears whenever a pure white (FFFFFF?) object appears on
>> the screen.  It's a white shadow, a lttle darker than the object.  I am
>> having trouble figuring out how to name it, so that I can even search
>> for the issue.  "White Shadow" only gives me basket ball references.

Does it appear only on broadcast sources?  A particular channel?

I have a similar problem with red objects - Big Red Dog on PBS channel
28 has a pink border.  So does the Canon logo on Nature broadcasts.  It
drove me nuts! until I figured out that it's being transmitted that way;
or at least it appears that way on all TVs tuned to that channel.....

Also, if it's an analog TV, try a different cable. Maybe it's some sort
of weird ghosting due to reflections in the cable?

--Yan