[mythtv-users] UPNP client to replace MediaMVP?

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 16:29:17 UTC 2007

Hello Everybody,

I have been using the MediaMVP for a few years and just love it.  I'm
hoping in the future to upgrade to an LCD HD TV.  Since the best
output the MediaMVP can do is SVideo I've been looking at newer
alternatives.

Does anyone have any experience with devices like the "D-Link
DSM-320RD Wireless Media Player with DVD and Card Reader" or "BUFFALO
PC-P3LWG/DVD LinkTheater High-Definition Wireless Media Player"?  I
copied the descriptions from Newegg if anyone wants to see specs.
This type of device seems to be the next step up from the MediaMVP.

Anyone want to comment on the pros and cons of using this type of
device vs a Mythtv Frontend PC?  It seems to me a UPNP Client is going
to be cheaper, quieter, smaller, and easier to setup than a dedicated
Frontend PC.

Any comments?

Thanks,
Jeff