[mythtv-users] 20-Watt Via EPIA ME6000 Frontend

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 13:57:59 UTC 2007

On 3/14/07, Peter Watkins <peterw at tux.org> wrote:

> BTW, if you want a low-power frontend for MPEG2 SD-only, you should look
> at the Hauppauge MediaMVP and the MVPMC software. I've got an old MediaMVP
> that I use for my SD recordings, and my Kill-a-Watt measures just 3 watts
> whether idle or playing video.
>
> http://www.mvpmc.org/
>
> I wouldn't want the MediaMVP as my primary frontend (even if I didn't have
> HD to play), as the MVPMC interface is limited compared to the native
> mythfrontend app (just imagine the programming constraints of a device
> that
> draws 3 watts peak and costs less than $100 USD).

 Wow.  3 watts!

Too bad I'm a snot and want the real MythTV Frontend.

Has anyone been table to get MythTV Frontend running on that device?  I
believe it runs Linux, so at least on the face of it, it's not completely
out of the question.  That being said, QT and the other things it requires
are pretty "fat" requirements.