[mythtv-users] IRBlaster Question

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 15 02:34:04 UTC 2007

Thom Paine wrote:
> I am in the process of switching from cable to bell expressvu and I
> have a question on the irblaster.
>
> I have a PVR-350 and a PVR-250 as capture cards and I have 2 Bell 3100
> units to hook to them.
>
> I switched one 3100 over to remote code 2, and have one on remote code
> 1. Do I need a dual headed irblaster or can I get away with a single
> one and pass the proper codes to each unit that way?
>
> Does anyone with a similar setup have comments on how well their units work?
>
> Thanks.

You can use a single irblaster to control both with one small gotcha. If
both channels change at the same time one will have to wait until the
first command is complete, I am not sure if lirc supports this or not
but the MyBlaster device does support command queueing. Personally I
found it better to have one device per receiver and allow both to change
at the same time.