[mythtv-users] sometimes doesn't start commercial flagging

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Mar 14 22:35:07 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-28-02 at 23:59 -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> Look in the jobqueue table (via either the mythbackend status webpage or
> the Status screen in mythfrontend) and see if the job actually got queued
> or not.

Well, there are a bunch of "Status; Errored" jobs in the Job Queue list.
Any attempt to requeue them from there seems to fail.  If I select one
to requeue it says it's done it but no mythcommflag starts for it.  If I
try to enable a second one, the first one changes back to Errored and
the second one sits there, supposedly queued but nothing happens.

> If it did, then run mythbackend with the "-v jobqueue" option and
> see if you can see why the JobQueue isn't processing those jobs.

All it says is (repeatedly):

2007-03-14 18:28:35.525 JobQueue: Currently set at 1 job(s) max and to run new jobs from 00:00 to 23:59
2007-03-14 18:28:35.597 JobQueue: GetJobsInQueue: findJobs search bitmask 4, found 11 total jobs
2007-03-14 18:28:35.661 JobQueue: GetJobsInQueue: Ignore 'Flag Commercials' Job for 1012 @ 20070310090000 in Errored state.
2007-03-14 18:28:35.696 JobQueue: GetJobsInQueue: Ignore 'Flag Commercials' Job for 1007 @ 20070312123000 in Errored state.
2007-03-14 18:28:35.730 JobQueue: GetJobsInQueue: Ignore 'Flag Commercials' Job for 1003 @ 20070312163000 in Errored state.
2007-03-14 18:28:35.792 JobQueue: GetJobsInQueue: Ignore 'Flag Commercials' Job for 1012 @ 20070312193000 in Errored state.
2007-03-14 18:28:35.827 JobQueue: GetJobsInQueue: Ignore 'Flag Commercials' Job for 1003 @ 20070312200000 in Errored state.
2007-03-14 18:28:35.891 JobQueue: GetJobsInQueue: Ignore 'Flag Commercials' Job for 1003 @ 20070312220000 in Errored state.
2007-03-14 18:28:35.926 JobQueue: GetJobsInQueue: Ignore 'Flag Commercials' Job for 1045 @ 20070313011500 in Errored state.
2007-03-14 18:28:36.028 JobQueue: GetJobsInQueue: Ignore 'Flag Commercials' Job for 1003 @ 20070313163000 in Errored state.
2007-03-14 18:28:36.095 JobQueue: GetJobsInQueue: Ignore 'Flag Commercials' Job for 1024 @ 20070313200000 in Finished state.
2007-03-14 18:28:36.158 JobQueue: GetJobsInQueue: Ignore 'Flag Commercials' Job for 1016 @ 20070313220000 in Errored state.
2007-03-14 18:28:36.194 JobQueue: GetJobsInQueue: Ignore 'Flag Commercials' Job for 1016 @ 20070314000000 in Finished state.

The complaint seems to be this one:

    if ((breaksFound == MYTHSYSTEM__EXIT__EXECL_ERROR) ||
        (breaksFound == MYTHSYSTEM__EXIT__CMD_NOT_FOUND))
    {
        msg = QString("Commercial Flagging failed for %1, %2 does not exist "
                      "or is not executable")
                      .arg(logDesc).arg(path);
        VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, LOC_ERR + msg);

        gContext->LogEntry("commflag", LP_WARNING,
                           "Commercial Flagging Errored", msg);

        ChangeJobStatus(jobID, JOB_ERRORED,
            "ERROR: Unable to find mythcommflag, check backend logs.");
        msg = ""; // reset msg so we don't reprint it later
    }

However since this only occurs on some jobs, it cannot be that
mythcommflag really cannot be found.

Any more ideas?

b.

Brian J. Murrell