[mythtv-users] For whom the bell tolls [RM for DVB aka CPCM]

Paul Kidwell tmbomber at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 21:45:04 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org]On Behalf Of Rich West

>...The MPAA is much like the RIAA (just without the nasty tactic
>of randomly suing teenagers and the elderly ;) ) in the way that
>they wish to protect all of their content distribution with DRM,
>but, as far as I know, the similarity ends there (as we all know,
>the RIAA is a different beast all together).

I hate to tell ya this, but I just got a nasty letter from my ISP about someone
using BitTorrent on my IP address to download television shows.

So if your backend goes down and you miss an episode or two of something like
"Medium" I'd strongly suggest not using your own IP address to rectify the
problem.