[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun and comcast digital cable. Will it work? Channels?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 14 22:22:10 UTC 2007

I am getting ready to buy a HD capture device and the HDHomeRun looks
like a good choice. The big unknown is if it will work with this crappy
Comcast cable network. The comcast web site says that their hd settop
box will not receive hd unless I pay the extra premium which makes me
wonder if the signal is sent encripted or just their box needs
authorization.  Thus the subject line.... Anyone have experience with
comcast?

TIA,
Bill