[mythtv-users] Known Problems or Just Me?: MythVideo problems

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 14 20:47:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

Using nearly the latest Myth .20-fixed.

I've ripped DVD in perfect mode.

Problems:
1) When I go to view them with the Internal player they have the wrong
length.  The two our move last night show a length of ~24 min.  It will play
beyond that point but will not save position for stopped and restarted.

2) Bad sound during fast forward:  Sound chatters and spits when it should
be mute during fast forward.  In addition FF is not smooth. It goes in and
fast .. Pause repeating pattern.

3) Video corruption and horrible audio our of sync when starting play back:
Some where in the first 30 seconds of play back I see some video artifacts.
With in a few seconds the video goes into slow motion and that audio get
horribly out of sync. If I arrow back the slow motion and audio sync goes
away.  I don't know if the problem comes back later because I usually switch
to mplayer at this point.

I'm currently using mplayer with save position script to get around these
issues.  I would rather use the internal player because I like the interface
better.

Jon