[mythtv-users] ivtv doesn't seem to register with KWorld Terminator

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 02:20:18 UTC 2007

On 14/03/07, Angus <sylvania at istop.com> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:

> > Using a (as I understand it) software encoder capture card requires
> > ~1GHz of CPU - it'll be touch and go whether your Celeron will give
> > you acceptable results. Read the MythTV docs for more info on this.
> >

>     Well, the card claims that 800MHz is sufficient, and from what I've
> read, 800MHz is good enough for the role.

For MythTV, it may be just about adequate. You may not be able to
record and play back LiveTV at the same time.

>     Ok, I've looked at it, and to my shock and dismay, I don't see the
> KWorld Global Terminator. Is this the end of the road?

There are details for it in the card listing (penultimate entry). Look
again and compare to your current config.

> > You can test the card with a TV program such a tvtime to see if the
> > card actually works.
>
>     Uh... ok, I thought that MythTV *was* a TV program. There seems to
> be a lot of very confusing overlap of terms in this genre. Too many
> different things share terms.

If you read the MythTV documentation you'll see it offers PVR
functionality (and much more) by encoding/storing the video from your
capture card onto your hard drive. Simpler TV viewing programs like
tvtime just display whatever is being fed into the capture card at the
time. There is a *big* difference.

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/