[mythtv-users] USB-UIRT under FC6 and lirc 0.8.2 ?

Mark Abreu mark at gags-r-us.org
Wed Mar 14 00:17:36 UTC 2007

 On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:42:09 -0400, Dan Wilga wrote:

> At 6:29 PM -0400 3/12/07, Mark Abreu wrote:
>> The problem may seem obvious but I don't see it.  Is it the fact that I
>> don't have a lircd.conf file?  What's supposed to be in it?
>>

> Ayup :-). That's a pretty important file. Without it, LIRC doesn't know how
> to receive or transmit, since it defines what remotes you want to use.
>
> I suggest you read the LIRC docs, but the short version is that you should
> copy one of the conf files included in the "remotes" folder over to
> /etc/lircd.conf. The file should match the remote or device you're intending
> to use. --

This makes sense, but when you look at Jarod Wilson's how-to it's pretty clear - get lirc installed and running, test it with irw, then create the lirc file for the specific remote.

So let me back-track a little.

Does the ATRPMS lirc kit include support for the USB-UIRT?

If it does then the next question would be, "after I install the ATRPMS lirc kit on a FC6 system, what steps do I need to take to get to the point where irw will work?"

Mark