[mythtv-users] Wiki reorganization (was re: MythArchive Guide - Burning TV Programs to DVD)

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Tue Mar 13 22:01:42 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 13 March 2007 17:05, Steven Ellis wrote:

> One item to note is none of my customer use the MythTV Wiki as they find
> it far too hard to navigate. We have links from our support pages to
> selected wiki pages, but most of the time our customers come straight back
> and question why we don't have equivalent content within our own support
> site.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but this comment does bring up an important
point: The wiki really is confusingly organized. There's lots of overlap
between different high-level categories and between individual entries,
making it hard to find things sometimes. This is understandable given the
organic way in which a wiki grows, but IMHO, it may be time to "trim the
tree," as it were, and do some high-level editorial maintenance on the wiki.
Some of this would be a matter of adding, deleting, and removing links, but
some of this would require merging multiple existing entries into single
entries, splitting other big entries into multiple entries, and even cleaning
up the structure of existing entries. Making such changes would be a pretty
massive undertaking and could easily step on peoples' toes, but I thought I'd
bring it up to see if there's any interest in putting together a group to do
this.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com