[mythtv-users] Help me get my tv working at 1080i!

Kevin Ould crippler75 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 20:00:11 UTC 2007

On 3/13/07, Kip <mythtv at zernable.net> wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> Have you tried it with the setting "UseEDID" "FALSE" enabled? That
> should force it to ignore what the EDID thinks your TV supports and
> allow it to use your custom modeline. If that doesn't help, you can also
> try adding "UseEdidFreqs" "false". Just the UseEDID one did the trick
> for me but I've seen references to UseEdidFreqs before as well.
>
> Kip

Kip,

Yep I have tried tried with the "UseEDID" "FALSE" Enabled and it does *try*
to use the modeline but I must have something out of sorts as I just get a
black screen. I was hoping that someone else had taken their numbers from
the Windows Nvidia driver and could shed some light if those numbers it
gives out are accurate. It's kind of frustrating when you don't know what
the problem is since all I get is a black screen.

Kevin