[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA EX-series Mini-ITX Mainboard

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 13 14:04:47 UTC 2007

Peter Bowyer wrote:
> On 13/03/07, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> Wim Fokkens wrote:
>>> What is the reason I should use the openchrome driver instead of the VIA
>>> driver. If I read the driver description is looks like VIA driver supports
>>> the functions I need.
>> Does it come with source?
>
> If it does, how does that help the OP to watch TV?

It helps avoid issues like the ones I have with e.g. my Matrox dual head
setup.
Stuff works but the driver is not the latest as the newest driver
crashes with the same config that works with the old one.
I.e.: issues cannot be easily fixed.
This is not for a MythTV setup but it shows one of the issues one can have.

So does it have source?