[mythtv-users] Wireless MVP front end

Mark Smith mark at chez-moi.org.uk
Tue Mar 13 13:05:20 UTC 2007

I'm look for a small, cheap MythTV front end to work over my wireless network.

The Hauppage MVP options, using MVP Media Centre, look interesting. My
questions, if anyone is in a position to answer them:

*Will Media Centre run on the wireless version of the hardware, or am I
better off buying the non-wireless version with an access point? I
can't see an answer to this on the Media Centre website.

*Will the current Media Centre software runing OK with MythTV 0.20? As
of 0.3.1 it supports protocols up to 31.

*Does anyone recommend an alternative? I have a TV with PC, SVideo,
Compsite and Component Video inputs (no Scart/RGB, even though it is UK
spec) which I plan to use with it.

Thanks all.

--
Mark Smith - Surrey, UK