[mythtv-users] ivtv doesn't seem to register with KWorld Terminator

Angus sylvania at istop.com
Tue Mar 13 04:36:40 UTC 2007

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 13/03/07, Angus <sylvania at istop.com> wrote:
>
>> I think the problem starts with ivtv, following the directions on
>>

> Using the wrong driver will not make hardware magically work :)

    That's very true, but if you'll look at my post again, you'll see
that it has nothing to do with not making the hardware work, but making
it work.

> See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/KWorld_Global_TV_Terminator

    I assume you are recommending I follow the advice on that page.
Well, the code snippets relevant to my immediate problem (i.e. getting
dmesg | grep -i ivtv to return something meaningful) would be:
/etc/modprobe.conf:
options saa7134 card=65 tuner=54
alias snd-card-1 saa7134-alsa
options snd-card-1 index=1
remove saa7134-alsa { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
}; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove saa7134-alsa
and
/etc/modprobe.d/saa7134:
options saa7134 card=65 tuner=54
and after following that and rebooting, it hasn't made a difference.

    So again, my problem is getting the hardware working, not not working.