[mythtv-users] Air2PC over cable outlet?

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Mon Mar 12 15:37:24 UTC 2007

Justin Moore [justin at cs.duke.edu] wrote:

> > > Can anyone help me out?  How do I get my first-gen Air2PC card to pull
> > > HD signals off my cable?

Basically, you don't.  My old Air2PC never picked up QAM worth a darn.
My newer Dvico HDTV5 Gold works fine on QAM as long as it had enough
signal (I used an 8db combined splitter/amp).  I was running SVN
between 0.18 and 0.19 and recently had recordings start to fail when
TWC started playing with the QAM metadata (see the "Raleigh, NC" local
reception thread on avsform.com).  I just switched to all OTA and
re-installed with 0.20-fixes...

Drew