[mythtv-users] Video suspend issues with EPIA M10000/Unichrome

Jason Knisley knisleyjw at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 13:23:18 UTC 2007

Hello!

I've been searching through posts and websites to see
if anyone's come across this problem...

I recently purchased a VIA EPIA M10000 for an updated
frontend system, and it works quite nicely, except for
the suspend function. It suspends, then comes back,
and everything works beautifully... except video
playback in MythTV.

I've tried playback with mplayer regularly and
full-screen, and that seems to work fine, but after a
suspend, I get a lot of stuttering and jerking in the
video. I had thought it might be the NIC, but the
actual nuppelvideo files are playing quite well just
using mplayer.

Has anyone experienced this before? Anyone know how to
fix it, or at least might be able to point me in the
direction of why mplayer has flawless playback after
suspend, but MythTV's is unwatchable?

Thanks,
Jason