[mythtv-users] Air2PC over cable outlet?

Justin Moore justin at cs.duke.edu
Mon Mar 12 05:12:33 UTC 2007

[ Note to moderators: I sent this message prior to subscribing and got
the "you're not on the list" bounce.  I've subscribed, so no need to
re-send this message. :) ]

It seems that despite antennaweb's promise of tens of HD channels, my
Air2PC card cannot get good reception at my address (in the 94086 zip
code).  I've tried all sorts of indoor antenna -- omni-directional,
directional, amplified, standard -- with no luck.  I've finally resigned
myself to getting the HD OTA channels from my cable provider's lineup:
all -- WHEE! -- 4 of them.  However, I can't figure out how to get myth
to find those channels.  I have a friend who has insisted he's using an
Air2PC in this manner, but he is currently away from e-mail.

Can anyone help me out?  How do I get my first-gen Air2PC card to pull
HD signals off my cable?

Thanks.
-jdm

--
Duke University Department of Computer Science, Durham, NC 27708-0129
Email:  justin at cs.duke.edu
Web:    http://www.cs.duke.edu/~justin/