[mythtv-users] mythbackend having mysql problems

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 02:33:05 UTC 2007

On 3/11/07, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/03/07, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    I didn't think to pay much attention to my backend server today but
> > I just looked at it and it's both off by and hour, which I'm trying to
> > get fixed, but I'm also seeing messages like the following:
> >

> > 2007-03-11 18:27:58.208 DB Error (Inserting into programgenres table):
> > Query was:
> > INSERT IGNORE INTO programgenres (chanid, starttime, relevance, genre)
> > SELECT dd_v_program.chanid, DATE_ADD(starttime, INTERVAL
> > channel.tmoffset MINUTE), relevance, class FROM dd_v_program,
> > dd_genre, channel WHERE (dd_v_program.programid = dd_genre.programid)
> > AND dd_v_program.chanid = channel.chanid
> > Driver error was [2/1194]:
> > QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> > Database error was:
> > Table 'programgenres' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
> >
> >    There are other tables that are bad also.
> >
> >    Are there any instructions about for fixing this?
>
> Specifically, you need to run mysqlcheck on your database (externally)
> or 'REPAIR TABLE programgenres' from within mysql.
>
> You should also regularly run optimize_mythdb.pl to fix such issues
> automatically. Instructions for this are on the wiki *and* in the
> mailing list archives.
>
> Nick

Thanks Nick. I've not read this list much in the past. I hadn't heard
of this but found this page pretty quickly with your help:

http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User_Manual:Periodic_Maintenance

I'll see about trying to clean this up.

I'm still stumped by MYth being off by one hour. We had the daylight
saving change which caused this. Currently the server has the right
time but Myth has everything off by one hour so none of tonight's
program are going to get recorded correctly.

Thanks,
Mark