[mythtv-users] removing unwanted audio streams from vob files

Mike Schiller mdschiller.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 15:56:16 UTC 2007

I've ripped a bunch of movies using MythDVD exactly as shown at:

http://www.mythtv.org/mythimages/mythdvd1.png

What I thought those settings meant was that I was getting the 'en ac3
6ch' audio, and preserving it in the AC3 format.  Lately, though, I've
been frustrated to find that certain video players default to the
Spanish 6ch audio when playing the resulting vob file.  I didn't even
realize that the Spanish stream had been retained.

So, my main questions are:
How can I view what audio tracks a vob contains, and how can I strip
unwanted audio streams from the vob file?

As a secondary issue, I'm wondering what is the purpose of the 'AC3
Audio' check box?  When leaving it unchecked, I still seem to get the
AC3 encoded channel selected by 'Audio Track' (that is, my receiver
still claims it's getting Dolby Digital over the optical cable coming
from my frontend box).  Does the 'AC3 Audio' check box simply override
the 'Audio Track' setting, and rip all AC3 tracks/streams?

Thanks,
Mike