[mythtv-users] Do time servers have the correct time today?

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Sun Mar 11 15:52:28 UTC 2007

On Sun Mar 11, 2007 at 10:38:17AM -0500, Larry K wrote:

> Today, I checked and found that my myth box still has EST, not EDT.  I use
> ntp, so I didn't expect a problem with this.  My /etc/ntp.conf shows that I
> am using these time servers:
>
> # --- OUR TIMESERVERS -----
> server 80.53.57.158
> server 192.117.105.69
> server 64.5.1.129
>
> My windows machine uses a time server as well (Rocket.time), and it too is
> wrong.  My primary server in this case is:
>
> time-a.nist.gov.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?

Time servers always give out UTC time - it's up to your system to then
adjust this to local time.  Whatever Linux distribution you're running
should have issued an update to the timezone package to deal with the
early changeover.  Similarly for the Windows machine - unless it's
running too old a version for MS to offer free support.

Cheers,
        Robin

--
     ___