[mythtv-users] MythArchive Guide - Burning TV Programs to DVD

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Mar 11 03:21:43 UTC 2007

On 10-Mar-07, at 12:12 AM, Phil Tanguay wrote:

> I've given some thought on  making a  "1 click" solution to
> archiving to disk - it would be nice to  be able to do it right
> from the "View Recordings" screen without having to go thru several
> (and sometimes counter-intuitive, IMO) steps.  I'm not sure how
> easy or difficult it would be to tie the MythArchive plugin into a
> completely different part of the UI, however.  Comments?

I'd also like to see something along these lines. My thought would be
to add something to the playlist menu like "Burn to DVD" which would
launch mytharchive with the playlist programs and a bunch of
preselects for theme, sound, requants and whatever. Probably the
preselects would be managed in mytharchive itself but I haven't
looked through how it's implemented to see if that's easy or
appropriate.

Paul, if you're listening, are you favourable to such an idea? I have
some free time coming up so I could do the implementation.

This would work great for my sisters who are always out of town when
they have the free time to watch the stuff they've recorded. They
don't care about all this fine-grained control of how the disc is
prepared. They just want to drop two hours of mysteries onto a DVD
which they can take away and watch later.

- George