[mythtv-users] Several issues

Dennis Hand d00dtv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 03:05:42 UTC 2007

 >System running MythDora 3.2

>I have no sound in myth but the system sound works fine.
>Really slow Analog video. Xorg is eating up all CPU.
>HD is unwatchable but I am chalking that up to the lack of CPU power

>hardware:
>Dell PWS 360 P4 2.8 Ghz Gig ram 2x300 Gig Sata II
>Dual 20" LCD
>Ati x1650 Video
>Audigy sound
>Pvr150 analog tuner
>A180Hd digital tuner

Your sound issue is due to KDE. The easiest fix would be to disable
arts. This can be
changed in Control Panel -> Sound & Multimedia -> Sound System. Uncheck the
Enable the sound system box. You could also do what I do and that's to
change your
audio output device from /dev/dsp to ALSA:default. Also make sure you
change /dev/mixer
to "default" without the quotes. This way works well.
As for your unwatchable video, you need to enable acceleration on your
ATI card. This
will depend on your card being supported by the fglrx driver. I have a
working xorg.conf.ATI
for this driver located in /misc/extras. Be sure to look over it as
it's setup for TV-out using
svideo. I want to point out that acceleration will ONLY work using a
CRT/LCD. There is
a bug with the current ATI drivers that doesn't allow TV-out to work
correctly with accelerated
video. But this has been fixed in the upcoming new release of MythDora
4.0 ;-). You can
visit the MythDora forums. http://g-ding.tv/?q=forum

Dennis Hand