[mythtv-users] Hardware: Foxconn G9657MA-8EKRS2H motherboard?

Dan Brown dan at familybrown.org
Sat Mar 10 13:44:27 UTC 2007

I'm looking into putting together a MythTV box using the Antec NSK2400
case, and thus a microATX motherboard.  The Foxconn G9657MA is the only
model I'm seeing with onboard digital audio support, which would save me
a slot.  Googling for this board comes up with a number of posts about
Linux compatibility of the onboard Ethernet controller, but I'm not
finding anything about the audio.

Does anybody have experience with this?  Does the digital audio output
work under Linux (I'm considering Fedora Core 6 as a base distribution,
though that's flexible if necessary), and if so, how much hassle is it
to get working?  Thanks for any input on this.