[mythtv-users] Almost-square pixels (was Re: Fonts unreadable in GDM/Xorg with Ubuntu)

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 00:25:01 UTC 2007

And, in my case anyway, I still think I have square pixels.  The
display has a 1:1 pixel mapping mode, whereby it centers the image if
smaller than the native res (i.e. 4:3 SDTV displays in the very center
surrounded by black on all sides).  Since it does no stretching, I
would think this means the pixels are square, flanked by two vertical
strips of 3 black pixels, no?