[mythtv-users] Fonts unreadable in GDM/Xorg with Ubuntu

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:09:10 UTC 2007

On 3/8/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Yeah.  Funny, though, with Myth 0.21, you'll stop specifying DPI and go
> back to DisplaySize.  :)  In 0.21, the DPI is irrelevant, but the aspect
> ratio remains important, and although you can specify the aspect ratio
> with DPI, it requires the inverse mathematical dance that you used to do
> to get DPI with DisplaySize (unless you have square pixels--in which
> case it's just "pick a number", but determining if you're using square
> pixels requires some math, so...).  With DisplaySize, specifying aspect
> ratio is as easy as "pick a number and multiply by aspect."

I'm curious now, because I am running latest SVN (well, as of a few
days ago).  I have heard about changes about not needing DPI, but I
wasn't sure if those are in yet.  Should I go back to DisplaySize?
xdpyinfo shows me 100dpi so I assumed I'm fine -- or am I missing out
somehow in my SVN-Myth experience? :)