[mythtv-users] USB-UIRT under FC6 and lirc 0.8.2 ?

matthew.garman at gmail.com matthew.garman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 14:51:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 09:35:04AM -0500, Josh wrote:
> Mark Abreu wrote:
> >  On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 20:54:07 -0500, Josh wrote:
> >> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/USB-UIRT
> >
> > That document's out of date and speaks to an old version of lirc
> > that didn't support the USB-UIRT without a patch.  It also
> > doesn't explain how to make it work on FC6.
>
> I wouldn't say that document is "out of date" but it does
> reference an older version of LIRC. Also, that document builds
> LIRC from source so is shouldn't matter if your running FC2 or FC6
> as long as you update the module paths in the examples. I also
> assume that you wouldn't need the patch if your using 0.8.2 since
> a quick search of the LIRC list archives show a few people using
> USB-UIRT with 0.8.1. If you want detailed support for LIRC I would
> get on the LIRC list and ask questions there.

I just got a USB-UIRT last night; pulled my hair out a bit until I
found this:

    http://www.usbuirt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=792&sid=51c4a375fe025bbcb82b72c3cbef47b5

That's a thread titled "Linux LIRC USB-UIRT HOWTO" on the USB-UIRT
forums.

For me, I didn't have the usbserial and ftdi_sio support in the
kernel (custom kernel on Gentoo).

Device Drivers -> USB Support -> <*> USB Serial Converter Support
Device Drivers -> USB Support -> <*> USB Serial Converter Support ->
<*> USB FTDI Single Port Serial Driver (EXPERIMENTAL)

HTH,
Matt