[mythtv-users] Fwd: Fedora Core 6 New recordings play back too fast

Fred Firestine ffluvssg1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 05:06:53 UTC 2007

Posted this to ivtv-users earlier, hoping you have some ideas. I have
checked that DMA is enabled in the kernel and hdparm reports all
drives have DMA enabled. I would now describe the symptoms as fast
audio and choppy video; however, I don't know what else to check and
my logs look fine. Using FC 4 I did not have these symptoms (see
below). I still suspect it is an encoding problem because old
recordings play OK.

Hi everyone,

I recently reinstalled a Fedora Core 4 MythTV setup in Fedora Core 6,
restored my database, etc., and after some fiddling with video output,
everything seems to be running great. No errors in /var/log/messages.
I have recordings from before the upgrade and they play OK. Now when I
record shows, they look great, video is in sync with audio, but the
audio is slightly too fast (I guess the video is too). I would
describe it as "helium voices." Does anyone know what might be
happening? My installed versions are below.

Thanks!

Fred

[root at mythtv ~]# rpm -qa ivtv*
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.19-1.2911.fc6-0.10.0-125.fc6.at
ivtv_xdriver-0.10.7-8_r3843.fc6.at
ivtv-firmware-20070217-13.at
ivtv-0.10.0-125.fc6.at