[mythtv-users] please help me about mythtv compile and installing?

Carl Reynolds mythtv-users at hyperbole-software.com
Thu Mar 8 17:57:00 UTC 2007

HHH wrote:
> Many thanks! How to install mythtv via compiling Mythtv source code? I
> found the guide "Installing MythTV SVN on Fedore Core", but it refered
> "you already have MythTV running via the guide at
> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/" How to understand this? and If I want to
> compile and install mythtv, should I install mythtv firstly via binary
> way such as the guide at http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/"? However, on some
> other guide, such as "" on
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html it has not refered to
> install mythtv via binary way, but compile mythtv directly, which way is
> right? Could you give me some help about how to compile mythtv,thanks!

If all you want to do is install MythTV so you can use watch TV, watch
videos, listen to music, etc then use the install guide from
wilsonet.com. It will help you install the binaries to allow you to run
the system.

However, if you want to install the source files and compile myth from
scratch use the HOWTO guide at http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html

Carl.