[mythtv-users] Software RAID (was: Where are those new 1TB drives?)

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:17:09 UTC 2007

> > > How well does software raid work? is it worth going with? I was hoping
> to setup a FreeNAS
> > > server,

<snip>
I know i just sent an email about Raid, but what is a FreeNAS server?

>I used software RAID to build one array. There were SCSI drives, SCSI II
drives and IDE drives, enough for about 80 gigs total, which was a lot for
the
day.
<snip>
So it is possible to put a bunch of different drives together.  Nice.  So
you don't need a hardware raid, just connections (SATA/IDE) for all the
drives you want.  Can you have 10 SATA drives with 4 IDE's in one box?