[mythtv-users] Where are those new 1TB drives?

Todd French toddfrench1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 00:49:13 UTC 2007

John,

As with many things I guess your mileage may vary.  I picked this chipset
because it seemed as well supported as anything on linux when I purchased
them.  That was proably at least a year to a year and a half ago, things
have probably changed alot as far as linux and SATA support goes since
then.  For the money though I don't see how you can go too far wrong.  FWIW
I have 2 of these each with 3 250GB Seagate drives attached set up as 5
actives in a RAID 5 with a hot spare, it's been online for at least a year
and has so far been bulletproof.  I just updated from FC4 to FC5 and will
probably move it to FC6 soon.  FC5 and maybe FC6 has an annoying problem
with properly putting the raid driver in the initrd image after 2.6.18 at
the moment, so I may hang back on the FC6 update.

Todd