[mythtv-users] dilemma PVR-350-out/nvdia out

Bart Coninckx bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Wed Mar 7 21:57:10 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm currently building two Mythboxes on two recent Asus Pundits. One has a ATI
card, the other an Nvidia card. Both also have PVR-350 cards.

They will be used for virtually all MytTV functionalities: TV, DVD, MythGame
etc.

For the TV part I understand from reading other posts that for picture quality
nothing seems to beat running X server on the PVR-350.

For games and DVD though, it seems that running X on an Nvidia is the optimal
situation CPU-wise, also because of XvMC.

I already added a Nvidia card to the Pundit with the ATI card, but the main
dilemma is know: using X on a PVR-350 and risking high CPU for xmame and DVD
playing or using X on the Nvideas and dealing with lower quality TV-out. Both
things are important.

Any advice?

thx!

Bart