[mythtv-users] picture quality help?

Paul Fine pfine at comcast.net
Wed Mar 7 16:21:21 UTC 2007

John Welch wrote:

>     A problem with channels 5 and 6 is most likely an incorrect
>     channel table (ie: cable when it should be cable-HRC or vice versa).
>

> Like I said, it's been a while since I had the issue, and my memory
> isn't that great.  However, I seem to think that I tried a different
> channel table and it either didn't fix the issue, or it messed up
> other channels.  I think Comcast just might do some non-standard
> things to these lower channels.  Then again, I could be totally
> wrong.  I usually use my HD-3000 or HDHR for these channels now, so
> it's not even something I look at often.  I just remember I had a
> similar problem when I first set up Myth with my PVR-150.

I had a similar problem when I originally set up mythtv.  I am also in
New England with Comcast.  Here is a link to the thread.  I am pretty
busy at work now, so I didn't review the thread to make sure it really
was you problem, but at least here is the link.  The solution did have
to do with choosing the correct channel table.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/195934?search_string=black%20and%20white%20recording;#195934

Good Luck