[mythtv-users] picture quality help?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Mar 7 00:59:40 UTC 2007

On Mar 6, 2007, at 5:44 PM, Michael Drons wrote:

> I running ivtv .10 and 2.6.20.1 kernel with mythtv
> 20.1 fixes.  My issue is the picture quality on
> channels 2, 4 and 5.  I am using Comcast in New
> England.  I have tried fine tuning the channels, but
> the defaults frequencies are the best picture I can
> get.  I don't believe this to be a mythtv issue,
> because mplayer /dev/video0 shows the same quality.  I
> am using a 250 and a 500 in my backend and the quality
> is about the same on both cards.
>
> Can anyone point me in a direction to being fixing
> this issue.

Your low band is in trouble. This is often caused by loose
connectors, broken shields, bad cable or the like. I'll bet if you
connect a TV set to the same connector it will show the same problems.

It may even be a problem with the incoming cable, but if you have
good signal anyplace else in the house check the signal path carefully.