[mythtv-users] HD on SDTV playback question

Christian Burger christian.burger at abtg.net
Tue Mar 6 20:44:02 UTC 2007

Top reports nothing else utilizing any significant amount of cpu, even xine
or mythtv doesn't utilize 100% but still drops frames.  I have performance
governor set which keeps me 2.2Ghz all the time.  It's a FE/BE box, but BE
uses perhaps a max of 7-8% if recording off of multiple tuners.  The box
performs as it should except when it comes to HD.  I thought maybe the 5200
wasn't up to par but I see a lot of people using them successfully so I
figured it must be something on my end.