[mythtv-users] Problem with PVR-150 capture

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Tue Mar 6 19:08:53 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 13:07, Brian Wood wrote:

[re: A change in resolution affecting a ghosting problem]

> But resolution (image size) alone shouldn't have done that. I'll bet
> there was some other crap in the PVR's setup that got re-written when
> you changed the res parameters. I'm not a coder but perhaps it re-
> writes all the parameters to the card (or the driver) when something
> changes?

Check the wiki entry for the Hauppauge PVR-250:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_PVR-250

It describes ghosting problems with "some lower resolution and bitrate
combinations on PVR-250 model 32062, rev C185 (cx23416)." It's entirely
plausible to me that a problem might exist in the drivers or hardware design
for this whole family of cards. FWIW, I've seen a ghosting problem once or
twice with a WinTV-PVR-USB2, which is an external USB-interfaced device in
the same family, but using the pvrusb2 driver rather than the ivtv driver.
(Some other support drivers are common to both devices, though.) The problem
I've seen hasn't been repeatable, though; I've just seen it a couple of
times, and it disappears when I try the same channel with the same settings.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com