[mythtv-users] Internal DVD player problem with XvMC

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Mar 6 12:31:30 UTC 2007

My internal DVD player has played the menu OK but has hung with repeated
to be many people reporting this.

It appears that it was caused by my attempt to use XvMC - may be a
problem with nVidia support of 'old' video cards, may be more general.
Now with /etc/X11/XvMCConfig removed and Frontend setup -> TV settings
-> Playback -> Decoder Settings -> Preferred MPEG2 decoder set to
'Standard' or 'libmpeg2' the playback of DVDs or iso images works properly.

I've posted more details on atrpms-users.

Just one query:  the sound comes through on the alternative channel.  I
haven't seen a way to switch the default.  Anyone?

TIA, John P