[mythtv-users] Storage Groups: Usage Preferences

Darryl Ross spam at afoyi.com
Tue Mar 6 06:23:31 UTC 2007

Hey All,

Firstly, thanks heaps to the devs and testers who have got Storage
Groups working really well. It's simplified my setup hugely!

Just wondering if there is any capability (or plans) or specify a
preference to how the storage groups are utilised?

At the moment I believe Myth will record to the drive with the most
amount of free space if there's only a single recording and will spread
simultaneous the recordings across all available drives to reduce head
movements.

It would be really great if it was possible to define a priority for the
storage group (is there already?) and also a policy of when to go up to
the next priority level (eg, load-balance, free-space, etc)

At the moment I have 2x 250Gb drives in the machine which has all my
tuners. I'm thinking of adding a drive to another machine on the network
and making it available via NFS, but I would like for this remote drive
to only be used if there is not enough storage space on the local drives.

Regards
Darryl