[mythtv-users] Pixelation Issues

D daspiras at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 02:32:46 UTC 2007

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Upping the encode rates has seemed
to help.  A related question: resolutions and aspect ratios

Currently I record and play at 720x480 but I have to set the aspect
ratio to square in order to have it fill the screen. If I set it to
4:3 there are black bars on each side (and possibly the top, its hard
to tell).  This happens even if I record/play in 640x480 as well.  If
I don't have it set to square, 4:3 zoom/fill using the W key during
playback works, although it looks worse than set to square.  I don't
seem to be losing any of the video when I compare it to what the
direct cable to the tv shows, but I am a little confused as to why 4:3
doesn't work properly?