[mythtv-users] yet another firewire question; difficulty with certain channels

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:37:20 UTC 2007

On 3/1/07, Allan Wilson <allanwilson at gmail.com> wrote:
snip
>With that said I had all kinds of problems with my box until
> I get working at it to get it reliable. I haven't had any problems in a long
> time now. Try to get p2p=1 then run test-mpeg2. You can try to get it to 1
> by using firewire_tester or by doing it manually from the firewire setup
> instructions. Pick one HD channel and just keep it there. Also we need to
> know exactly what model cable box you have.

I am getting more or less reliable capture via firewire for all
channels now, except the HD tier.  No matter what I do, what settings
I use, and how I test, it does not want to capture those channels.
And it is not a 5C thing, as I have confirmed with another mythtv user
on my cable system that he is not getting these issues.

Is there some sort of processor requirement that would explain why I
can capture the SD stuff via firewire but not the HD stuff?