[mythtv-users] Silverstone Case with VFD and Linux driver

Martijn Morriën dj.escay at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:58:31 UTC 2007

I own the LC16M case and it works perfect.

The extra case buttons send keyboard events automatically, the rotation knob
sends IR events if I remember correctly. But I never use the buttons on the
machine. I do use the IR remote that came with it.

I use the Venky drivers from http://www.venky.ws/forums/viewforum.php?f=2

The first year I used the 'mouse' pad on the IR remote, which can really
nice emulate mouse events, but within MythTv this is of not much use. people
on the Venky forums did write patches to make it work better as a
directional pad. I've been patching it too, but it never worked really fine
as a directional only pad. Maybe I should use another remote instead. Since
I upgraded to MythTv 0.20 I've not spend time on it anymore and I just use
regular buttons.

I did write down my findings when installing the VFD and IR here:
http://www.escay.nl/documents/doku.php?id=mythtv:imonlircandvfd
it might be out of date. You can also find some Imon info in this
mailinglist archive.

I'm using Jarod's excellent Fedora MythTv howto, but I needed to compile
lirc myself.

Martijn