[mythtv-users] Forcing Mythtv to remember my monitor?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Mon Mar 5 01:41:06 UTC 2007

Not sure if this is a Myth or a Fedora question...

I have a 32" LCD TV plugged in (via VGA on my nvidia6200) to one of my
MythTV frontends.  Everything is working beautifully.  However, if the
machine is started and X is up prior to the TV being turned on, the
display of the MythTV menus is all wacked. out.  I mean, everything is
shifted slightly and it just looks bad.. the best I can equate it to is
that it looks like it took the 16:9 theme and scrunched it to 4:3 then
tried to stretch it.

Is this just me or is there something I can set in Myth (or X?) to
essentially tell it to stick to this particular monitor setting and
remember it until I tell it otherwise?

-Rich