[mythtv-users] SPDIF and HDMI

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 18:13:35 UTC 2007

Ok the card came with 2 cables, (that each one one end has a connected that
attaches to the video card).  One goes to Male RCA and one has 2 prongs that
are supposed to connect to the SPDIF on the motherboard, the orange goes to
SPDIF prong and the Black to GND.  I've tried both and audio doesn't seem to
pass through.  Do i have to set soemthing up specifically for SPDIF?

> On Mar 4, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Dennis wrote:
>
> > There should be a header on the video card for audio
> > in, if the HDMI can pass audio. Many HDMI outs (even
> > on rather expensive Home Theater systems) only pass
> > video. If there's an audio-in then there should be
> > instructions with the card on how to get it to work.
>
> It might be controllable by some Windows-only utility that came with
> the card, but if it has only 1 set of audio inputs I'd think it
> should just pass through. Also check for jumpers and make sure the
> cable you're using has the requisite conductors for audio.

Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell