[mythtv-users] Zoneminder 1.22.3 on Ubuntu Edgy

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Mar 4 09:23:26 UTC 2007

Allan Wilson wrote:
> I have pretty much gotten zoneminder setup and I am only having one
> problem with zoneminder in MythTV. When I go to view live camera I get
> this error message:
>
> 2007-03-03 19:47:59.229 The server failed to process the command. The
> error was:-
>                         ERROR - Cannot get shared memory pointers
> 2007-03-03 19:47:59.332 The server failed to process the command. The
> error was:-
>                         ERROR - Cannot get shared memory pointers
> 2007-03-03 19:47:59.436 The server failed to process the command. The
> error was:-
>                         ERROR - Cannot get shared memory pointers
>

> It happens on the zoneminder server and on a remote frontend. I can
> view events no problem. Any ideas? Thanks
>
> Allan

It's most likely a permissions problem. mythzmserver needs to be run as
either the same user that ZM uses (usually the apache user) or as root.
That's because ZM creates its shared memory so only its user can read
from it. The ZM author is aware that this can cause problems and has
said he will make the permissions configurable in the next version.

Paul H.